Monday, December 3, 2007

My tattoo

MY TATTOO:


This is no attempt to make you horny or disgust you (whatever your reaction to mens' backs have on you-I'm not one to judge). However, I got a weird comment last night from a man in the locker room. He asked me what many do 'what does your tattoo mean?' Then told me to not ever go to Israel. After consulting with a friend, we both shrugged our shoulders and moved on to another topic. This is a question that annoys me however. Not really because I got the damn tattoo to spark this question, but to strangers who wouldn't really get it-annoying. So instead of giving you a detailed description of it via text, I shall do it through pictures (also note to yourself-best time to reveal a tattoo to family? NOT at a family reunion, whoops, forgot there'd be a pool) But here are a few images to let you understand a bit as to why I got something that sparks thought, emotions, etc. on my back:



But I can understand because sometimes it gets mistaken for:
Anywho, that's to hopefully give you some idea of why it is I got that fist tatoo'd on my back.
On other subjects: Today I walked to work and the man in front of me picked up $50 dollars on the sidewalk. If I hadn't gone back to my apt. for a damn apple, that 50 would be mine! I'm very upset about it. However, once I got to work I found out that they're wanting me to go to Sundance with them this year. Schmoozing with celebrities, watching indie films, staying for free and being flown for free-so I'll let the karma of the $50 pass.
Also I shall blog many times about this: I hate winter. I have already started planning with Erin about our retreat to the west coast. We are not winter people, I get all miserable and become bear like. I enjoy the sun, the tan, and the shorts with sandals. Bring on the West! (but not for a few more years, I mean I did just buy a mattress). I also need to invest in a super warm jacket to help me through this NY winter. I can't wait, I'm thinking one of those jackets that basically looks like someone took their goose down comforter and made it into a blanket, those look warm. Until next time...











1 comment:

tam said...

I'm part of these people lonely at work who need this kind of incradible exoticism to overcome the fact that I'm in a putain d'office watching a putain de computer all day while I should be taking advantage of the best years in my life. Which I do during the week ends but as I'm getting old, I don't recover until Wednesdays! Thanks Matt! And also I remember being one of those people asking about that tatoo on a beach in Zanzibar, and I so much enjoyed it that I told it last week at the café. Nice to see it again...