Friday, January 11, 2008

Based on previous conversation


So I find myself blogging about one person a lot. That's because against all odds and attempts I can't get her out of my life: Erin Mindell. Well we discuss everyday on gchat world politics and social norms (you know, to get us through the day). Haha, I'm glad you laughed as well. To be fair the occasional issue arises where one or the other gets on their soap box. I wanted to share Erin's (against her knowing it) because I think it's important to address:

It was about Disney. Erin said she hated Disney and, I was like how the hell can you hate Disney? Here's her explination:

"i hate disney because it sells a terrible and unrealistic fantasy of how people should be (tall, skinny and white), how love should be (hetero, bordering on abusive, and rife with gender stereotypes)he [Disney] was a known racist and antisemite, and the fact the company does such a great job of selling the "fairy tale" which they distort to their own wants and needs, to consumers so that people are unwilling to critique it sickens me plus he liked to club baby penguins on the weekend"

Now I disagree....here's why:

#1 I live in this (so there goes your whole agrument of reality vs. fantasy):



#2 Look at all this Diversity:



However I will give her the comment about Walt and his weekend activities:


This is an actual photo of Walt people (I know what you're thinking, how the hell does someone really have a picture like this up on the internet, I was appaled as well)

I rest my case.



No comments: