Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The ants go marching 1 by 1

So today I ventured to do what all humans must do-the DMV. Yes, it's true. As all 2 of you remember from a previous blog of me basically losing my identity (physically, metaphorically, spiritually, etc.) I had to attempt to get a New York license today-since it expires on my bday tomorrow. Plus I can think of 1 billion other places I'd rather be on my bday than the DMV. Sooo, I did it today. 2 trips and 6 points of id: my birth certificate, ks license (had to register for a replacement), ssn, pay stub, w2 form, AND my debit card with photo on it FINALLY got me my New York License! This is very exciting to me. I had plans to travel the world for awhile and ended up staying in New York. I realized this summer it was the first time in a really long time that I had stopped day dreaming. In Kansas I had yerned for somewhere else, a life away (Kansas readers I will never deny my roots-they made me and I'm soo thankful for that) a land far off. So I've done that, and the moment I'd get back I wanted to do another trip. Then I came to New York and had plans to move soon again. But then I moved to Fire Island and my life changed. I found a community, a group, a network. I have always wanted this and I have had it in various forms-but I finally feel comfortable in a city where you can easily be sucked up and spit out. I even bought furniture to plant myself here for awhile. I'm really happy with that decision. I love New York and I can think of nowhere else I'd rather be for my early to mid 20s (24 is considered mid 20s? oh shit I'm getting older). I have great roommates, a family away from family, and amazing/cool/interesting friends. I mean I'd love for you all to move into my building-cause then I'd loooooove my life but for now I'll settle for a few less 'o's.

My next point-To give you another example of how I'm so impressionable, I was walking to the DMV earlier and these 2 construction workers were in front of me. I was busy thinking about tomorrow, what I'll do after work, what song is this on my ipod, cause it rocks. Then these two men take a right before the street. Now most would of put two and two together and realized they were entering into the building that was under construction and not follow. I on the other hand simply follow them like an ant does to the one in front of them-quickly to realize the terrain had changed and I had not worn the proper shoe attire for such an adventure-haha. So I got myself out of there and back to the sidewalk, but I couldn't stop laughing and thinking in my hed 'damn I AM impressionable'

This is usually when I would end my blog, and say something like 'have a good night' but I apparently do what everyone else does so what do YOU think I should end my blog with?

No comments: