Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Who knew Fungus could grow on plants.

Yeah that's right. It apparently can. We have a rosemary plant in the office.

Rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis) is a woody, perennial herb with fragrant evergreen needle-like leaves. It is native to the Mediterranean region. It is a member of the mint family Lamiaceae, which also includes many other herbs.

So this is the plant in front of me that I stare at in the office all day. It's not in a pot, because it wasn't getting any air or something so my boss put it in a trash can. So this thing has gone from a pot dying with no water, to a trash can now with fungus. Although I hate staring at this plant, every time I go to battle it with my hands I get a wiff of my hand and it smells so damn good so I retreat back to my desk to continue my work.

I enjoy plants. In fact I need some in my room. My boss told me I need 3, its no good to get plants in even numbers. So since I'm easily influenced, I am now in the market for 3 plants. I want to put them on my window seal, but I haven't decided which plants are cool/easily independent ie. get off the window seal and help themselves to the water in my sink.

I've also noticed that I always buy plants in the winter. That's because I correlate green with summer which also sparks happy thoughts. Thus my room is green. It's a peaceful color, and it makes me happy. Then when I have plants in my room I stare at them when I wake up, sitting in bed, staring aimlessly (which almost never happens) and it helps my seasonal 'rut'. So if you have any suggestions please feel free. I've already vetoed those plants you'll get in those stores with loads of crap-the bamboo'y' ones. Also although orchids are beautiful-they tend to hate me and die in protests of my lameness, so I'm at a loss. Perhaps a botanical lover out there who randomly reads my blog (why the hell are you reading my blog!) but please suggest a plant. Plant you and good night

No comments: