Sunday, December 30, 2007

Ok fine, Kansas isn't THAT bad.

So I am back in New York City and couldn't be happier about it. I returned and my roommates and I all missed each other so my chill night in turned into checking out this new party and meeting another friend out who had a table at this really cute club. So on the plane ride I got to thinking about why I like Kansas. I always do this on plane rides, get reflective. I thought about how when asked I will ALWAYS say where I am from. I am proud of my background. My childhood was amazing, filled with playing in clubhouses we built in trees, running around the plains that are Kansas. I never noticed it until my good friend Nick in college said (referring to Kansas) there's so much sky here. We do, indeed, have a lot of sky. Here's an example from my fathers house:

isn't it great? We also have an adorable dog with a wrap around porch:!

this is in comparison to my current view out my window:

Look 2 TREES! Anyway the moral is that although I might bitch about there being nothing to do(which there isn't, but its good to slow down sometimes) I get to visit with family and visit some friends, which last I checked was a good thing. Off to the huslte and bussle that is this madning city! xoxo

1 comment:

Karsey said...

You got to love Kansas in order to hate Kansas!